We are a few days away from The Soul Fast. Remember, we will begin our Soul Fast on the first day of Lent which falls on March 6, 2019. Here are 10 tips that will help you prepare yourself to go on a Soul Fast.
1. Wake Up 10 Minutes Earlier. You should set aside at least 5 to 10 minutes each morning to pray and reflect on your Soul Fast Tip for The Day. If you are using The Soul Fast Workbook for an even greater breakthrough, then set aside 15 to 20 minutes a day to give yourself enough time to complete the daily worksheets in the workbook.
2. Gather Your Materials So That You Set Yourself Up For Success. (Bring your Bible, a pen, a composition notebook and your Soul Fast Workbook) (If you don’t have a physical Bible you can read the Bible online at: www.biblegateway.com or www.bible.com
3. Create An Atmosphere For Answers. What is an atmosphere for answers? It’s a quiet space where you can go to pray, mediate, clear your head, read your Bible and complete the Soul Fast Workbook assignment for the day without being disturbed.
4. Take It One Day At A Time. You can do this!
5. Invite A Friend To Join You On Your Soul Fast or Tell Your Church or Women’s Group About The Soul Fast. We were not created to walk alone. We were created for fellowship, connection and community. The benefit of doing the soul fast with a friend is: you will have an accountability partner, you can pray for one another, encourage each other and inspire each other to stay the course.
6. Select A Gospel Song You Love and Make It Your Soul Fast Theme Song. Wake up to your personal theme song. You can even make it your ringtone. Some of my personal favorites are: “Go Get It” by: Mary, Mary, “Open My Heart by Yolanda Adams”
7. Fast From Eating One Food Item While You Are On The Soul Fast. It can be anything from chocolate to cake to coffee to red meat. Remember, the purpose of a soul fast is to abstain from the toxic things we feed our hearts and minds. However, by giving up one edible thing that goes into our bodies, we deny the flesh and prepare our hearts and minds for the spiritual shift that’s about to happen in our lives. By fasting from one food item that’s a real sacrifice for you, you train your mind and emotions to align with your spirit rather than work against it. When the mind and body are working together in harmony, we develop the spiritual fruit of self-control. But always consult with your doctor before going on any type of food item fast and make sure to get the okay from your primary care physician.
8. Fast From Drinking Alcohol While On The Soul Fast. You want to keep a clear head as you do the work of this soul fast. Have you ever had one too many and it affected your mood and attitude or how you felt physically? Since alcohol also known as spirits can affect your mood, impair your judgment and lower your inhibitions it can also adversely affect your decision making and cause you to be receptive to things that you normally wouldn’t be receptive to when your mind is sober. During this fast, you want to keep your spirit as clear and clean as possible so that you can be more receptive to the leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit.
9. Stay Connected With Cassandra Mack Ministries at.
10. To Get The Most From Your Soul Fast, Get The Soul Fast Workbook. It's available at: Amazon.com
Look for another email from me in about a day or two.
Have a successful day,